We are proud to be once again partnering with the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA) to announce the 2014 – 2015 MASNA Student Scholarships. Now in its seventh year, the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America’s (MASNA) Student Scholarship program has provided $24,000 in funding for undergraduate and graduate college students to pursue their degrees in a marine science discipline. From just a handful of applicants to begin, to over 190 applications in the 2013 – 2014 season, the MASNA Student Scholarships have grown to be a competitive, prestigious award.
There are two scholarships available:
- One $4,000 scholarship for a college undergraduate student
- One $4,000 scholarship for a college graduate student
The 2014 – 2015 MASNA Student Scholarships are sponsored by Doctors Foster & Smith LiveAquaria.com, EcoTech Marine and Seachem.
Visit the official MASNA Scholarship page here for application download (bottom of page) FAQs, and more. Questions about the MASNA Student Scholarships can be directed to Scholarship@MASNA.org.
Application Details & Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for a $4,000 MASNA Student Scholarship, an applicant must be a current/entering undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university.
- The student must have declared a major/focus or have intent to declare a major/focus in one of the marine science disciplines.
- Recipients will be based upon the student’s academic history and the student’s contributions and demonstrated commitment to the marine aquarium hobby.
- North American students, no matter where they are studying in the world, are eligible, as long as they attend/plan to attend an accredited college or university. Students from abroad, who are studying in North America, are also eligible. MASNA recognizes these locations as being in North America.
- The MASNA Student Scholarships are in U.S. Dollars.
The deadline for submission is June 20, 2014. The scholarships will be publicly awarded to the recipients at the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA) in Denver, CO Aug. 29 – 31, 2014.