Announcing the 2013 – 2014 MASNA Undergraduate and Graduate Student Scholarships! The Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA) is proud to present the 2013 – 2014 MASNA Student Scholarships. There are two scholarships available:
- One $4,000 scholarship for a college undergraduate student
- One $4,000 scholarship for a college graduate student
The 2013 – 2014 MASNA Student Scholarships are sponsored by Doctors Foster & Smith LiveAquaria.com, EcoTech Marine and Seachem.
You can download the application for both awards HERE.
Questions about the MASNA Student Scholarships can be directed to Scholarship@MASNA.org. Visit the official MASNA Scholarship page here for FAQs and MORE!
Application Details & Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for a $4,000 MASNA Student Scholarship, an applicant must be a current/entering undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university.
- The student must have declared a major/focus or have intent to declare a major/focus in one of the marine science disciplines.
- Recipients will be based upon the student’s academic history and the student’s contributions and demonstrated commitment to the marine aquarium hobby.
- North American students, no matter where they are studying in the world, are eligible, as long as they attend/plan to attend an accredited college or university. Students from abroad, who are studying in North America, are also eligible. MASNA recognizes these locations as being in North America.
- The MASNA Student Scholarships are in U.S. Dollars.
The deadline for submission is June 21, 2013.
Podcast interview with the 2012 – 2013 MASNA Scholarship recipients: Listen to the MASNA Live interview with Bobby Ortiz and Zach Ostroff. Download the November 2012 MASNA Live.
Podcast interview with 2011-2012 Scholarship recipient: Listen to the MASNA Live interview with UH Manoa Ph.D. candidate, Chris Jury. Download the November 2011 MASNA Live.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- #1 Reason to Join a Reef Club! – Read about a reef club that took on an admirable coral restoration project. Includes amazing pictures!
- Breeding Amphiprion Latezonatus (Clownfish) – Clownfish are very challenging to breed in captivity. Watch video of the beautiful Clownfish that LiveAquaria has successfully spawned.
- New Lighting Technology at our Aquaculture Facility – Learn about the new lighting technology at the Drs. Foster and Smith’s Aquaculture Coral and Marine Life facility. It’s showing very promising results!