1. Energy Efficiency – LEDs consume much less power for the same amount of light. The average Nano Aquarium will save a minimum of 50% in electricity switching to LEDs.
2. Long Lifespan – The typical compact fluorescent lamp needs to be replaced every 9-12 months. LED lights can last up to 134 months (that’s over 10 years!).
3. Brilliant Color Rendition – With a variety of color spectrums available, LEDs will enhance colors in your fish, plants and corals you’ve likely never seen before.
4. Amazing Shimmer – The intense, point-source light coupled with rippling surface water will make your tank “shimmer” and produce the glitter lines most hobbyists love.
5. Eco-Friendly – Unlike fluorescent lamps, LED lights contain no mercury, they are highly recyclable and a very green alternative for aquarium lighting.
We know the next question – I’m sold, but how much light to I need for my Nano Aquarium and which color combination is recommended for my tank? Here is a handy little chart with some LED recommendations for your Nano-tank!