Pet owners want to provide the best possible health care for their pets. From applying flea & tick preventives, to remembering monthly heartworm preventives, and even doing home dental care, we want to take good care of our fur babies!
Sometimes the unexpected happens and we need to react quickly with first aid tactics to help our pets. Since April is National Pet First Aid Awareness Month, here are some important articles to help you be prepared to react quickly to a health situation for your pet.
Tip: Print these helpful articles and tape them to the inside of a cupboard or closet door so you can easily grab it when needed in an emergency.
First Aid for Pets
- How to make a First Aid Kit for your Dog or Cat.
- Burns: First Aid for Pets
- Choking: Using the Heimlich Maneuver in Dogs or Cats
- Artificial Respiration and CPR for Dogs or Cats
- Heatstroke (Signs, what to do & prevention)
- Frostbite (Signs & what to do)
- First Aid for Insect Bites in Pets
- Allergic Reactions: Hives and Swelling of the Face
- Don’t be Fooled: 7 Myths About Dogs
- Fleas & Ticks: What Cat & Dog Owners Need to Know
- Online Pet Pharmacy Videos: Bringing the Pharmacist to You
- What You Need to Know About Heartworm Disease
- Foods That Are Bad For Dogs & Cats