From February 29 to March 2, 2012, the Drs. Foster and Smith Merchandising Team attended the Global Pet Expo in Orlando, Florida. We took one of the last flights out of Rhinelander before the huge snowstorm shut us down (over 20″ in 24 hours!). We were happy to be in sunny Florida checking out the new products.
We were very impressed with the Aquatics section at the show! Many of our vendors put up impressive displays, such as:
- Boyd Enterprises, the makers of Chemi-Pure, stole the show with their 500gal (including sump) Lionfish display! Congratulations to Boyd Enterprises for setting up the largest aquarium ever at Global!
- New products we can hope to see this year included the Reef Capable LED’s with timers and Aquatic Plant LED’s with timers from Marineland and a new submersible LED light bar. We are expecting to have the new LED’s with timers from Marineland available on our website in April!
- Aquatic Life is expanding their LED line to include a freshwater 10,000K version LED 24-48” 1 Watt – are great addition to their expandable LED line of products.
- Cobalt Aquatics is launching the Neo-Therm plastic heaters, these are sure to be a big hit once they are available on the market.
- Innovative Marine displayed a wide range of elegant aquariums great for customers in all levels of the hobby – bringing innovation and beauty together.
- Rolf C. Hagen is adding to the Fluval 2gal Spec Aquarium family with 3gal and 5gal sizes – sure to be consumer friendly!
- Fluval plans to launch into the saltwater side of things with their FluvalSea line of products – including a FluvalSea Salt Mix!
- Fish Tank, or Work of Art? It’s Both!
- NEW! SmartWave For Improved Water Movement in Aquariums
- #1 Reason to Join a Reef Club!
- New Lighting Technology at our Aquaculture Facility
- All aquarium-related posts
We’re excited for our vendors to launch these new products. We’ll be bringing them online and to our customer’s hands as soon as we can bring them to market!