29 Ways to Spoil Your Pet

by Drs. Foster and Smith on February 28, 2012

Spoiled-pets **Guest post from Ellen B.**

Pet owners will likely relate with many of these “tips” for spoiling your pet. A special thanks to the Drs. Foster & Smith Facebook fans for helping us create this list. Feel free to leave a comment with your own tips on how to spoil your pet. Enjoy!

1. Lots of treats (for any reason)
2. Toys! Toys! Toys!
3. Full access to furniture
4. Sleep with their humans (option: under covers)
5. The option of his own comfy bed (one for each room, ideally)
6. Lots of playtime
7. Snuggling
8. Walking/fetching
9. Belly rubs
10. Butt scratches
11. Vacations in a pet hotel suite
12. Day Care & play groups
13. Window perches for every window
14. In/out the door game (hubby accommodates)
15. Drinking fountain
16. Agility classes
17. Trips to the park
18. A stroller for a comfortable ride
19. TV or radio on when home alone
20. Furniture rearranged for optimal outside viewing
21. Massages
22. Treat like a child, commonly includes baby talk
23. Road trips (car booster seats for those who are too little to see out the window)
24. Presents (from Drs Foster & Smith, of course)
25. Catnip for cats
26. Peanut butter for dogs
27. Pocket pets (hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, chinchillas, etc) have big houses filled with lots of toys
28. Birds have full flight access in the house
29. Just plain good loving!

Pet Furniture Throw

Cat Window Perches

Dog Booster Seat

No matter how we “spoil” our pets, it’ll all add up to happy, healthy feather- or fur-kids!

How do you spoil your pet? Please share!

Related Posts:
The “Weird” Things We Do For Our Pets
Why We Love Our Pets!
Dog Quotes You’ll Love

dog-cat-pet-supplies

29 Ways to Spoil Your Pet | Lovely Pets
February 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

Yorki Mom February 28, 2012 at 8:53 am

I bring her everywhere with me!

Suz February 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

Glad to see that I’m not the only one who arranges furniture for optimal outside viewing :)

Sheryl Jones February 28, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Sometimes Shelby doesn’t want to jump up by the bed by herself. In this case I will ask, “Do you want help?” and offer my forearm. She will put her front paws on my arm so I can lift her up!

Ellen B. February 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Sheryl – too cute! Shelby is such a good girl, she deserves lots of spoiling. :)

Dominica Taylor March 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

I spoil Charlie by making homemade dog cookies and on his birthday he gets a special dog cake. #celebrate

Kristina P. March 15, 2012 at 9:36 am

I think my favorite thing would be putting peanut butter on all 4 of their noses and watching them licking like crazy to get. #CELEBRATE

Sandy March 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

number 1 is most important, gotta have treats
#CELEBRATE

Hope March 15, 2012 at 9:43 am

My dachshund always has to have a blankie! I’ve been through several, but always make sure she has one for the couch and one for our bed! She is 8 years old now and we hope to have her for a lot more years to come! #CELEBRATE :)

Amy March 15, 2012 at 9:54 am

They get loads of love. I try to limit treats and feed them quality food. They are part of my family and I want them to be with us as long as possible. And they have taken over my water pillow on my bed!! #COMMENTS

Christine O. March 15, 2012 at 10:01 am

I spoil mine like crazy. I take them in the car everywhere and anywhere they can go. They sleep in bed with me and sometimes take my chair over in the living room. My one dane sasses back when I talk to her, its funny! That same dane puts her head out my sunroof in the car and I get many honks, waves, thumbs up and pictures taken of her. Treats are important and all around love for the dogs is a great spoiling. Weather has been unusual and in the 70′s this week in MN so they love to sit on the deck with their heads rested on posts to watch spring arrive early and #CELEBRATE being able to be outside not cold and no snow!!

Patty T March 15, 2012 at 10:05 am

We spoil our dog by giving her lots of toys and treats. She also has her own queen bed in the extra room that she sleeps on every night along with dog beds in almost every room. #CELEBRATE

Mindy Harper March 15, 2012 at 10:10 am

My cats sleep on their backs taking up as much of the bed as the two of them can stretch out on, they love belly rubs and trying to get under the blankets. #CELEBRATE

Joelle C March 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

I promised my husband our dachshund wouldn’t sleep with us….I lied :) She is only 10 pounds and mysteriously takes up the whole bed, but I don’t mind.

Kristen B. March 15, 2012 at 10:15 am

We spoil our baby with homemade treats and lots of love and attention. #CELEBRATE

Mary Beth P. March 15, 2012 at 10:42 am

I do most of these tips. I love giving my pups peanut butter. :) #CELEBRATE

Amy March 15, 2012 at 10:53 am

My Brie gets lots of new toys and playtime! She also takes over my king size bed laying upside down! #CELEBRATE.

Jill B. March 15, 2012 at 11:18 am

I do most of these for my dog! #CELEBRATE

Lindsay Stoppkotte March 15, 2012 at 11:40 am

Spoiling my 2 fur babies is something I have done since we brought them home!! They both love to sit on my lap and sleep next to my husband and I. They also loved to get spoiled with special treats and Dingo bones!! #CELEBRATE

Linda J. March 15, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I’m sure I’ve done everything possible to spoil every pet I’ve ever had the privilege of sharing my life with. In return they’ve spoiled ME as well! I #CELEBRATE each and every one of them every day that I am blessed with their company. They have given me unconditional love and support – hugs and kisses, silent listening when I need it, and the strength to get through some tough times. Love from my pets has taught me that, much as I grieve the passing of each one, I know that I will always share my life and my home with another in need of a person to spoil them….I’m just spoiled that way. :-) )

Angela March 15, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I spoil my pup by letting her nap on a heated mat. She snuggles right up to it as soon as i turn it on! #CELEBRATE

Cheryl Scharling March 15, 2012 at 1:54 pm

We are spoiling our Westie, Roo, with a trip to Cape Cod next month to #CELEBRATE the end of winter!!!!!!!

Kim March 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Buster is spoiled with chicken treats, country music playing when we are gone, and the chance to sleep with “momma” after he makes “daddy get up. #celebrate

kevin lovato March 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Our animals are so spoiled! #celebrate sometimes I sleep on the couch so they can have the bed all to themselves!!

Nathene March 15, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I do most of what’s on the list for all our animals. #celebrate.

Tara Lee March 15, 2012 at 4:31 pm

My dog, Tucker, is most spoiled when I devote 4 days a week to her being on the boys soccer team. The absolute joy on her face when we pull up to the soccer field and the boys call her name! Two hours later and she is exhausted and #celebrate full of love! (she is an amazing team player)

Mary O. March 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm

#CELEBRATE – Our Peanut stares at me when it’s bedtime until I follow her to Her couch and I cover her up and tuck her in for the night (on Her pillow on Her couch) If I don’t give her a treat at the same time she gets back up and we do it again (and again) until I give her a treat as I’m tucking her in, then she stays there all night. Our Angus climbs under His cover by himself on my bed wether I’m there or not. ( #CELEBRATE CHIHUAHUA LOVE )

Melissa C. March 15, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I am glad to see I am not the only one who gives their dog Butt scratches #CELEBRATE. My Chuck is so spoiled he gathers up mouthfulls of his kibble and spits it out on my bed then eats it piece by piece that is the only way he will eat it.

SherryG March 15, 2012 at 8:24 pm

#CELEBRATE Maddie is spoiled by all the love I can give. She also get to sleep with me, she gets high quality food and treats, she has lots of toys to stimulate her mind, and a fenced yard to run and play in.

Diane G. March 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Wow. These are ways to spoil your pets?! Most of this list is just a normal day for my “doghter”. :) Pets are family and family is a gift. We #CELEBRATE their lives everyday. :)

Tracee S March 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I spoil my dogs I admit it hehe, toys, treats, car rides, etc! #celebrate

Satina Richardson March 16, 2012 at 9:07 am

Thanks so much for these awesome pointers! I often wonder if my dog knows exactly how much I love him and these suggestions will me me feel sure he’s aware. Love my Tripp! Thanks you! #CELEBRATE

Debra Knipp March 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I love to spoil all of my seven St. Bernards equally.#Celebrate

Mary Pokrajac March 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Kemo loves his ice water and rawhide. My husband spoils him with treats all day long.#CELEBRATE

Sara Cullum March 16, 2012 at 4:35 pm

My Yorkies are so spoiled rotten from my love, they both sleep with me and have to have their bodies covered up and head on a pillow.Just love them so much , best little friends I have in my life.#CELEBRATE

Pamela Perry March 16, 2012 at 7:15 pm

On our dogs birthday we always celebrate with a big steak for her and of course I do make dog biscuits for her alot. She is our baby and is always spoiled with treats. #CELEBRATE

Julie R March 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Yep, my dogs are spoiled. Many things on the list apply to them, i.e., treats for any reason, sleeping in bed, radio or TV for them, toys, butt scratches, brushing, walks, car rides, swimming in the pool, comfy dog beds. #CELEBRATE

Emily Benishek-Brand March 17, 2012 at 9:49 am

My husband and I spoil our dog by doing his favorite activity with him; canoe rides! Our Gizmo sees us getting the paddles and boat cushions and gets all excited. When I go to put his life-jacket on (purchased at the Drs. Foster & Smith retail store) he sits very still so I can hurry up and get it on him. He has never tipped us over and knows just where to walk in the canoe so he can visit both my husband and I during our ride. He can’t wait for the lake to unfreeze so he can go out again. #CELEBRATE

Shannon M. April 23, 2012 at 10:20 am

Great post! Our pets are definitely spoiled, and this gives me some great new ideas ;)
#PETS. Entering to win CatSpa and Small FURminator deShedding Tool .

andrew April 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

I have a 2 year old cat who absolutely adores my 5 year old little girl. “Stalker” sleeps with her and plays little games with her and even tries to take baths with her. Yes, I’ve actually had to remove her from 8″ of water. Lol. Anyway I’m entering the contest for a cat spa since she’s the third member of our little family, and deserves some winning attention. :-) from daddy Melissa and stalker, y’all have a great day. And love your pets. We have stalker 2 eels 8 fish n two turtles and love them all

Eva October 19, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I am spoiling my dog by letting her sleep with me.., allowing her on furnitures…and giving her new toy almost every day..she is just 2 months..and I treat her like my little princess…