YOU Made a Difference For These Animal Shelters!

by DFS-Pet-Blog on October 13, 2010

**Guest post from Ellen B.**

UPDATE: Voting has ended, final results are posted below!

As we continue to celebrate National Adopt a Dog Month, we’re happy to announce the three nominated animal shelters that will win a Drs. Foster & Smith gift certificate. VOTE NOW to help decide which facility wins 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

Watch the videos and vote for your favorite shelter! Voting ends at midnight on October 20, 2010.

Homestretch Hounds Rescue

Mid-Ohio Animal Welfare League

Leos In Need
Vote now below!

Which Shelter/Rescue gets your vote?

• Mid-Ohio Animal Welfare League (50%, 819 Votes)
  • Leos In Need (26%, 418 Votes)
  • Homestretch Hounds Rescue (24%, 388 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,625

Loading ... Loading ...

Official Final Results:

• 1st place: Mid-Ohio Animal Welfare League receives a $200 Drs. Foster & Smith gift certificate
  • 2nd place: Leos In Need receives a $100 Drs. Foster & Smith gift certificate
  • 3rd place: Homestretch Hounds Rescue receives a $50 Drs. Foster & Smith gift certificate

Helping Pets

Congratulations to these three animal shelters/rescues and to the caring people who nominated them. We also commend everyone who took the time to vote – thank you for making a difference!

Nominators will be contacted via Facebook.
Flea and Tick Control
Sale Center

Dawn October 13, 2010 at 10:53 am

There were four entries and collie rescue didn’t get a shot? πŸ™

Ellen B. October 13, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Hi Dawn, to nominate a shelter a video had to be posted on our Facebook page as explained in the details post. We apologize for any confusion!

quita October 13, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Thank you for taking care of the precious animals.

Wanda ILami October 13, 2010 at 11:55 pm

This is fantastic. Thank you Drs Foster and Smith for your real love of animals and your willingness to actually contribute to aiding the helpless. So many companies are all about profit for themselves; they have forgotten any love and care they may have once had in their hearts. I appreciate this effort to help a shelter….every effort counts! Your products are wonderful as well as your service, and I will continue to order from you. πŸ™‚

MaryWillis October 14, 2010 at 7:53 am

For love of my pets.

Kim October 14, 2010 at 8:06 am

Is there something wrong with the site? My friend tried to vote and couldn’t, it looks different than yesterday, no circle by the shelter name to click on….

Ellen B. October 14, 2010 at 8:52 am

Kim, once you vote it will continue to display the results. This prevents people from voting more than once. You can see updated results by refreshing the page. Thanks for pawticipating!

janet davis October 14, 2010 at 10:36 am

I use drs forster and smith for my kitty and puppy supplies fast good quality and my leonberger loves his sleepy bed

Elizabeth Killian October 14, 2010 at 6:17 pm

We got our wonderful dog Teddy from Mid Ohio Animal Welfare League. They were so caring and sincere and we thank Anya for choosing us to love and care for our lovely dog. He is a treasure

Michael Garrett October 15, 2010 at 7:17 am

They just need a chance

Betty October 17, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Thanks for doing this for the groups that help animals. Thanks to all the groups for your hard work. I hope you continue doing things like this.

Karen Fabregas October 17, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I live in Tomahawk and I have been to Foster and Smith often. My daughter was a supervisor there I love taking a tour of the live fish that was really neat. We had a lady with us from China she enjoyed it she is not a cruel person so she viewed them as pets not food. I would enjoy a job at this place. I am an animal lover and I am their voice.

Ellen B. October 19, 2010 at 9:09 am

Thank you all for your kind words, feedback and stories. On behalf of Drs. Foster & Smith, I’m happy to be part of something that will help animals in need. Voting doesn’t end until midnight tomorrow, so keep spreading the word to get votes for your favorite shelter! Thanks to everyone who has participated!

Rolando Teran October 20, 2010 at 2:20 pm

So hard to decide as all groups deserve any help for all the work they do to help these innocent animals.

Morgan Avila October 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

Thank you Foster and Smith for supporting Shelters and Rescues. As a Leonberger owner and a Foster and Smith customer, I look forward to future contests.