I was thinking the other day….and realized there are quite a few things I think are perfectly normal, that perhaps a non-pet-owned person might not! Here’s a few:
- Mocca (my dog) has her own, dedicated bedroom. A queen-sized bed is included, along with a special set of sheets and her blanket. I re-make the bed every morning. Why? Because she messes up the blanket & top sheet to get it “just right” to sleep on. I think she likes to do it herself each night. She also has a dresser of her own, stocked with her treats, supplements, toys, grooming supplies and other healthcare needs.
- I ALWAYS save at least 1 french fry or 2, or maybe 3! for Mocca. She is horribly dissapointed if we come home from eating out (I don’t know how she knows, she just DOES) and there is no little white box for her.
- OK – this might be a little gross…but maybe more normal than I think, poo-checks! Yes, that’s right. I quite often (as often as I can), check her poo. Just a little glance, to make sure things “look right.” I know…gross. But hey, it is a sign of good health and you never know what could be lurking!
- We no longer have a sink stopper in the bathroom. The kittens just couldn’t resist this, and we were woken up at 2am way too often by the sounds of rattling in the bathroom!
- Our living room is arranged so that we can get optimal viewing of BOTH cat trees so we can enjoy seeing them play on them! Plus, we had to get one in front of the window. Thankfully, it all worked out pretty well.
- I carry dog treats in the glove box, along with a spare leash & collar. You never know when you might need this!
- ALL garbages are either hidden inside a cabinet, or covered. Both cats and dog get into these!
|Share with me what things YOU DO for your pet that might seem normal to you, but not to a non-pet owner…Comment below:|
Other Posts You Might Enjoy: